FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $100
Thanks for supporting us and choosing local pickup for your order! Here's how it works:
- Choose local pickup during the checkout process.
- You will receive a confirmation email within 3 business days when your order has been picked and is ready for pickup. To keep the process as low contact as possible, please do not try and pickup your order until you receive your pickup confirmation email.
- After you've received a notification that your order is ready for pickup, you will have 3 business days to pickup during our normal pickup window times. At that point, we will send a reminder notification if you haven't come by to pick up your items. Two days after sending out a reminder, we will automatically restock your order and refund you for 75% of your order's total cost if your order hasn't been marked as picked up. We “charge” (as in we do not refund you the full 100%, only 75%) a restocking fee of 25% of your order total to cover the labor costs associated with prepping your order, bringing it to our shop, caring for your order at the shop, communicating with you, and then returning and restocking your order when you don’t pick up.
- We are open for local pickups from 4-6pm, Monday thru Friday, and Saturday from 10am-12pm. We are not open on Sundays. If you cannot pickup your order during these windows of time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can set up a special pickup time.
- When you arrive to pickup, please have your order number ready and come to the door. The door will be open with a table across the front of the door.
- When you arrive, let the employee on staff (they'll be well back from the door but within ear shot) know your name and order number.
- The employee will bring your order to the table and leave it for you to pickup.
- Plants, like all living things, will have some normal imperfections such as slight tearing or breakage to a leaf, a brown spot, some mild low humidity or high light damage, etc. If you pickup up your plant and it has more than this normal level of imperfections, or if the damage seems to threaten the life/health of the plant, please let us know within 48 hrs of pickup at email@example.com and include a photo of the damage as well as your order number. We offer replacements or store credit if we receive your email with photos within 48 hrs of delivery and determine that the damage is more than the normal imperfections of a living plant.
Your order was picked and prepared by an employee wearing gloves and regularly sanitizing all spaces, surfaces, and products they come in contact with.
Q: What if I accidentally chose shipping instead of local pickup? Can I get a refund for the shipping and pick up my order instead?
A: Absolutely! Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and let us know you'd like to pickup instead of having your order shipped. We'll refund your shipping and send you a confirmation email when we're ready for you to come pick up!
Q: How long does it take for you to prep my order for pickup?
A: Usually we can have the order prepped for you within 3 business days. Some days, if we don't have too many orders, we may even get it ready within 1 business day, but plan on 2-3 business days :)
Q: When can I pick up my order?
A: We are open between 4-6 pm, Monday thru Friday, and Saturday from 10am-12pm for pickups. Please only come by during a pickup window AFTER you've received your pickup confirmation email.
Q: Can I pick up my order right after I place it?
A: We are only able to give you your pickup order during the pickup windows between 4-6 pm Monday thru Friday, and Saturday between 10am-12pm AFTER you've received your pickup confirmation email (or at a pre-scheduled time if you cannot come to the store during our standard pickup times--email us if you cannot come by during our normal pickup windows!). If you are in a rush, just let us know and we will try to accommodate you if possible.
Q: What if I can't come to the store during your normal pickup windows?
A: We're happy to find another time for you to come by! Just email us at email@example.com so we can get it scheduled. Please be courteous and only ask for a different pickup time if you truly can't make it during our normal hours—we're pretty swamped still with the logistics of this transition and the more we can have pickups happen during our standard pickup times, the more time we have to find great new product, improve our website, and create more educational content for you all!
Q: Why does it take a few days to pick my order?
A: In an attempt to keep you and our staff as safe as possible, we're trying to only ever have one person in the shop at any one time. In the morning, a staff member ships non-local orders, and in the afternoon, a staff member does the local pickup order prep and interactions. We are receiving so many orders that it takes one person one-two days to get all the pickup orders prepped during the afternoon shift. Your support has been amazing and we're so grateful for all the purchases that allow us to stay open and pay our staff during this unusual time!
Q: What if I want to add something to my order?
A: To add something to your order, simply place a new order on our site and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with both order numbers. We'll have them ready to be picked up together.
Q: What is the protocol when I come and pick up?
A: Please have your order number ready. Knock on the door and give your number. A staff member will give you your product and you can head out! We wear masks and gloves while prepping and giving out your orders and would ask you wear a mask as well!
Q: Should I come pick up right after I receive my pickup confirmation notification?
A: Please wait to pick up until our scheduled pickup windows (4-6 pm Monday thru Friday, and 10am-12pm on Saturday). There may be a staff member there during other times, but they are working on other projects and won't have access to any info about your order.
Q: How long will you hold my order? Do I need to pickup the day I receive my confirmation email?
A: We will hold all pickup orders for one week after the order is confirmed ready for pickup. You'll receive a reminder email if you have not picked up in that time. If you do not respond or pick up in the one week period, we will refund your order and restock your items.
Q: I have care questions. Can you help me with care info at pickup?
A: We want to limit contact as much as possible, so we cannot answer care questions at pickup. If you have more questions, you can always email, call, DM, or chat with us here on the website using the chat function in the bottom right hand corner.
Q: Can I pick up an order for my friend/sister/nephew/wife/etc?
A: You can pick up any order you have the order number for. We can't let you pick up orders just by name, so be sure to get the order number from your friend/sister/nephew/wife/etc before you pick up!
Q: Can I pick up an order outside of the open pickup windows?
A: If it's difficult for you to make it to the shop in time for our open pickup hours, please email us at email@example.com to schedule an alternative pickup time.
Q: What if something in my order is damaged?
A: Plants, like all living things, will have some normal imperfections such as slight tearing or breakage to a leaf, a brown spot, some mild low humidity or high light damage, etc. If you pickup up your plant and it has more than this normal level of imperfections, or if the damage seems to threaten the life/health of the plant, please let us know within 48 hrs of pickup at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a photo of the damage as well as your order number. We offer replacements or store credit if we receive your email with photos within 48 hrs of pickup and determine that the damage is more than the normal imperfections of a living plant.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us or click on the green and white circle icon below to chat with us!