Welcome to our new blog series: Real People Love Plants! We're interviewing our some of our favorite customers that have proven their thumbs to be just as green as plant professionals. To start us out, we interviewed Idith Saluzzio, the woman behind @idush218 on Instagram:
1. What is your very favorite plant?
Even though I don't own one yet... I'd say Oxalis triangularis
2. What sparked your love affair with plants?
I loved the idea of taking care of a living thing. There is something very noble about it. It's also rewarding to see your plants thrive because of your efforts.
3. What was the first plant you fell in love with?
I've got to say that the Pilea really drew me in. It looks so cool and unique. Most people have never seen such a plant.
4. Where do most of your plants live?
Most are outdoors like my fiddle leaf and my succulents, under covered awning. Indoors I've got a couple vines, airplants and my Pilea.
5. If you and your favorite plant had a song, what would it be?
Always Be My Baby- Mariah Carey
6. Are there any plants you’ve had to break up with?
No, but I almost gave up on my fiddle leaf. I had it indoors and it was just not thriving at all. As soon as I took it outdoors it began to grow! It was like rehab. I'm glad I didn't give up on it.
7. Do you tend to over or underwater?
I used to be an over water-er but now I tend to underwater. It's easier to fix this way.
8. Do you talk/read/sing to your plants?
I usually play music while I water my plants :)
9. Have you made any friendships thru your plant collection?
I have found some cool instagrams but not friends per se.
10. What plant are you dying to find right now for your collection?
Thanks so much, Idith, for showing us how you integrate and love the plants in your life!
xx - The Piep Team